Disclaimer: I received 2 tubes of Nuun Rest to review as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review, find, and write race reviews!
Hello and happy Tempo Thursday to you, my friends. I’m in the middle of another summer-ish week of running that has had its good days and its bad ones, but they’ll be more about that later. Today I’m focusing on a product review, because trying things is awesome.
Nuun Rest is a Nutrient-Rich, Relaxation & Recovery drink tablet (you get 10 per tube). It’s enhanced with magnesium, tart cherry extract and potassium, which promote a more restful night of sleep. Mix with 4-6 oz. of hot or cold water and enjoy. I personally think it’s meant to be hot.
I was excited to test out Nuun Rest because:
1. I’ve tried other Nuun products and loved them.
2. Why wouldn’t I want to potentially improve recovery???
3. The child in me likes fizz.
We all need rest. We all need recovery, especially when training to our limits. I acknowledge that I don’t get my full 8 hours every night and that’s life, so I do try to do what I can to make sure what I get for sleep is quality. I view Nuun Rest as another tool in the belt.
Things I liked:
- Nuun is super convenient. They come in a nifty tube and you just drop them in some water! For rest, I used nearly hot water and looked at it almost like tea.
- Both flavors were good! I favor the Blackberry Vanilla over the Lemon Chamomile, but either worked for me.
- It was a better bedtime habit than beer hehe.
Things I didn’t like:
- Some of the goodies in Nuun Rest don’t dissolve all that well, even in hot water. I believe it’s the Magnesium. It’s not the end of the world, but I’m the type that wants to get every bit of it, so I took the extra effort to get it in my belly.
Ultimately, I can’t say whether or not Nuun Rest was responsible for making me feel better rested or recovered. I had some great morning runs while drinking it regularly. It certainly didn’t hurt. 🙂
If you’re looking for a tasty pre-bedtime drink to end your day with and another tool in your training belt, I think Nuun Rest is a solid option.
If you want to give it a shot, use code HYDRATEBIBPRO for 20% off through 10/31. This offer excludes subscription options and bundles.