Disclaimer: I received free Trekz Air headphones from AfterShokz to review as part of being a BibRave Pro (ambassador). Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro and check out BibRave.com to review, find and write race reviews!
Since becoming a BibRave Pro about 4 months ago, I’ve been fortunate enough to review several items. I’ve enjoyed each opportunity. When I found out about a chance to review AfterShokz products, I was pretty excited. When it comes to earphones, I’ve never really used much to brag about. I tried using the earbuds that come with an iPhone, but they don’t seem to stay in. I don’t use earbuds that can be found at a dollar store, but I pretty much would go on Amazon and find the cheapest ones with the best reviews. My mentality was always that there isn’t a ton of difference and all I need is for them to be tough enough to take a little sweat and stay in my ears. I definitely didn’t go for any bells and whistles. They might as well be the earphones that came with my old Walkman (some of you are old enough to know what a Walkman is).
AfterShokz products are certainly on the cutting edge of sound technology. They don’t even go in your ears! Mind blown, right? I didn’t even know that such a thing existed. Check out the features below:
All of that stuff sounds fine and dandy, but here’s what I have to say about them:
- Sound quality is very good. Capable of getting plenty loud. They can vibrate a bit when cranked up, but I think some tweaking can solve that. I haven’t had a chance to dive in that deeply yet.
- Battery life is AMAZING. They seem to be able to go around 5-6 hours. I used them at Richmond marathon and they didn’t come close to kicking the bucket. They died on me during my last run, but that was my fault for not charging them. They even have a little battery meter that displays on the home screen of my iPhone. My bad!
- They are comfortable, light and manage to stay in place extremely well. I even played some basketball while wearing them.
- I was impressed with how quickly they pair up with my phone. It’s almost instant.
- Controls are easy to use, even while running.
- I was able to hear my surroundings while listening to music. This is much safer and was nice during races to be able to hear spectators and other race sounds.
I loved the Trekz Airs so much more than I thought I would. I was showing them off to other runners and friends at the gym. They are something that have improved the quality of my workouts and have made me safer while on the roads. I hope this review helped provide you with information if you’re in the market for this sort of product. Thanks for reading!
If you DO decide to buy, feel free to use the code below for a little something extra. Add the trucker hat to your cart along with your purchase.
AfterShokz – Receive a bonus trucker hat with your AfterShokz Trekz Air purchase with code “TRUCKER” at http://bibrave.aftershokz.com/.